Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Room of Mormons Go Silent


How do you make a room of 15 single Mormons go absolutely silent?  

Accidently blurt out,  “Oh that’s because I don’t believe the church is true anymore.” During General Conference.


I’ve been told many times I’m missing a “V Chip.”  If I think something I just say it.  I was sitting on the floor at my YSA GC party. I’m still in the Ex-Mormon closet.  These people have known me my entire life as a good old Mormon girl...I'm 26.  The topic of the Facebook Group came up.
   
“I tried to send you a message but you are not on the YSA Facebook page.” Said one sister

“Yeah what’s up with that?”Added a brother

Before I even remembered where I was I blurted out, “oh that’s because I don’t believe the church is true anymore.” Everyone’s faces went blank.  Dead stairs and open jaws. What the hell ME! That was not even the reason I didn't join.  I had been meaning to join.  I’m still planning on add the group.   Everyone was looking at me.  I had to think fast.  I took a cue from Fonzie. With a pair of thumbs up I just said, “Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey”





A few people still looked puzzled and then they all started laughing.  “Oh crazy you! You are so strange. HA HA HA!”

“In jest, There is truth.”- Willham Shakespear. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this story. Love. Big Love.

    Fonzie reference is a huge plus.

    ReplyDelete